Launch Digital Marketing is growing…fast! In fact, we were just recognized as the fifth fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business. As we grow as a company, so do our teams and sometimes it’s hard to keep up with all the new faces that join us in the office.
To that end, we thought it would be fun to highlight a different team each month here on our company blog. Not only will this help our local and remote employees get to know each other better, but it also allows us to proudly introduce the amazingly talented individuals we have on our team to our clients and prospects alike.
What Does Our Technical SEO Team Do?
Our Technical SEO team is charged with regularly checking up on our client’s technical website health. That means our team members spend time auditing client sites with tools like Screaming Frog SEO Spider (among others) to look for optimization opportunities.
With the ever changing landscape of search engine optimization, there are no shortage of questions that our other teams are seeking answers for. To that end, the team also hangs out in our company #SEO Slack Channel so anyone one with a related question can pop in at anytime to seek expert advice and guidance.
Looking at the big picture, the Technical SEO team is part of the greater SEO Department here at LDM and works closely with the Content, Publishing and Local SEO teams to identify ways to promote our client’s organic growth.
Meet the Technical SEO Team
We asked the members of our Technical SEO team to share some fun facts about themselves with you. It turns out our team members can do a lot more than just identify and correct SEO issues. Heck, one of them can even make you a full set of chainmail armor!
Intrigued? I know I am, so let’s take a look and get to know these amazing folks just a little bit better…
Mary-Grace Wilson (SEO Supervisor)
- I’ve been with LDM since August 2016
- I live in Alabama with two (very) large dogs, daughter and husband.
- I once had a pet pig named Roscoe – he found a new home after he ate through all of my walls.
- Believe it or not, I was pepper sprayed at a political rally in college.
- I’m a HUGE Harry Potter fan, and listens to the audiobooks on a freakishly regular basis.
Bert Berousek (SEO Specialist)
- 5 months on the LDM team
- I was a gymnast all the way through high school.
- I started diving in high school as well which I ended up taking to college and dove an at the college level for 2 year until I needed surgery on my ankle (again).
- I also love to design clothes and have started 2 separate clothing endeavors one of which actually was carried in local skate shops.
Eli Kimbrell (Associate SEO Specialist)
- Just over 1 month on the LDM team!
- I graduated from Lewis University this year.
- I was born in Arizona and moved here when I was 5.
- I have played soccer ever since I was 6 years old.
- I love to read, my first book series was A Series of Unfortunate Events.
- If you talk about Harry Potter or Game of Thrones we are already best friends.
- I can make my own chainmail armor.
- I like long walks on the beach and getting caught in the rain.
Masha Golub (Part Time Associate SEO Specialist)
- I’ve been a part-time employee since November 2016, but was a contractor prior to that.
- I’m Ukrainian – fluent in Ukrainian and Russian.
- I can translate classical latin for you.
- I can wiggle my ears.
- I love volleyball, country music and painting portraits.
- I’m still in school – got two more years to go (just about).
- I am physically accident prone.
Jim Sims (Part Time Associate SEO Specialist)
- I am a Realtor and have been for 7+ years.
- I grew up in a roadside motel. My parents owned it and it had 8 rooms for rent with a 2 bed/1 bath house connected. So, we would literally stop dinner to check someone into their room for their night (well, in most cases, for the hour). Then stop again to clean it and rent it again. lol
- My husband Bob and I took it over about 9 years ago and ran/managed it for a couple of years while I started dabbling in Real Estate.
- In my free time (you know – 8:30pm – 10pm) I like to watch TV. I would read but then I would be asleep by 8:35.
And that’s our Technical SEO crew! Hopefully you’ve gotten to know each member of the team a little bit better (I know I did!). Next month we’ll introduce you to another team here at Launch. In the meantime, feel free to say ‘hey’ to any of our peeps in the comment section below.