As a small business owner, you’re likely overwhelmed with a series of unanswerable questions right now. What should I focus on? What is most important to keep my business going during this global event? We feel you. There is so much uncertainty, but at Launch Digital Marketing, we are zeroing in on this advice: staying connected to our customers now will help strengthen those relationships later, and with all of us feeling like so much is being taken away, now is an opportunity to give. Here are some ideas on how to engage with your customers during COVID-19.
Give Them Value
The truth is most of us currently have money on our minds, and not in a fun, Snoop Dogg-video kind of way. We’re all looking for ways to shift budgets and prioritize dollars and cents, and even with stimulus relief on its way, consumers are focused on savings. Now would be a great time to offer a discount or bonus incentive that lets you extend some goodwill while still making a sale. Consider offering:
- Discounts – a coupon code could make all the difference for someone on a budget
- Freebies – including a bonus service or product that’s of little to no extra cost to you provides lots of value to your customers
- Incentives – delayed payments or altered service terms could help you bring in business when finances have recovered
Give Them Distractions
Screen time is through the roof right now, and we all need some escape from sheltering at home (hello, Tiger King!). Tap into your brand’s mission to see how you can inspire, motivate, or support from afar, helping people laugh, learn new skills, or challenge themselves in different ways. Use digital to your advantage when you harness:
- Social media – put your social media channels to use by showing off content you usually don’t prioritize, such as behind-the-scenes looks, interviews, webinars, and more
- SEO – now is a great time to dust off that blog and answer all your customers’ questions with a rich database of content
- Videos and memes – who doesn’t love a memorable meme?
Give Them Comfort
We’re all scrambling to find a new normal, and staying up-to-date with brands we already know and love maintains a small sense of routine. Don’t go radio silent from your audience; your customers want to hear from you about what you’re doing, how you’re adjusting, and what this means for them going forward. Reassure your base by connecting through:
- Your website – add clear messaging about how COVID-19 has altered business
- Your social – regular posts keep you front of mind
- Your email – deliver a discount or update directly to their inboxes
Here to Help
We know that COVID-19 is creating challenges left and right, which is why we’re offering digital marketing advice to small businesses. Whether you’re looking for ways to adapt or just need extra support during this confusing time, we’ve got your back. Start a conversation in the chat box on the right, or shoot us an email anytime.