Hey everyone, I’m excited to be back again with another episode of the Think Bigger Podcast. Coming off an excellent second episode of the show, I’m thrilled to have a guest lined up for this episode who is currently working in the dealership today. And the best part, he’s going to share with you an award winning idea that you’ll be able to use at your dealership.
How awesome is that?!
Listen to Episode 003
On Episode 003 of the Think Bigger Podcast, I’m being joined by the Marketing Director for Henderson Chevrolet and Fairway Chevrolet, Chris K. Leslie. Chris and I will talk about his award winning idea for automating his dealership’s email marketing by utilizing his web platform’s RSS feeds, form submissions and a MailChimp account.
Listen to the show or check out the show notes below to discover how you can do the same thing Chris did, today.
Enjoy The Show!
Big Tip of the Week: Check the Health of Your Local SEO
For the tip of the week, I’m being joined by LDM Regional Sales Executive, Eileen Day, who shows you how you can check the health of your dealership’s Local SEO by using a simple and free tool called Moz Local.
If you listened to Episode 2 of the Think Bigger Podcast, then you undoubtedly heard guest Danny Dover talk about how Local SEO is more important than ever today. To piggyback on that conversation, here’s what Eileen suggests for you to do so you can get a look at your own local presence online.
- Point your web browser to Moz Local.
- Click or Tap on the Check Listing menu item.
- Start typing in your Dealership’s name, you’ll see suggestions appear as you type.
- Finish typing the name and hit enter, or simply select the correct suggestion.
- Now you’ll see the Listing Report for your dealership and Moz Local will give you a % score for your dealership.
Ok, so that was the easy part, but what does this score represent?
Well the higher the number the better, and the percentage represents how accurate and complete your dealership’s local information is across the online directory ecosystem.
Why is this important, you ask?
Having a consistent presence across these multiple directory websites is important because it helps establish with Google that you are who you say you are. The more consistent your information, the stronger you’ll appear in the eyes of Google.
So if you look at your Listing Report from Moz Local and you have a score lower than 75% and have multiple incomplete, inconsistent and/or duplicate listings, then there’s definitely some work that needs to be done. But don’t worry, because at least now you know how you look online from a local perspective and have a great place to start to correcting some of the issues that are preventing you from putting your best local foot forward.
It’s important to note that while Moz Local is a good place to get started, it doesn’t give you all the tools you need to implement a comprehensive Local SEO strategy. If you need a hand figuring out what’s going on with your Local SEO, remember that Launch Digital Marketing is here to help!
Big Thinker of the Week: Chris K. Leslie
Chris joins me on the show to talk through what he did to win a Dealer Inspire Innovation Award and gives YOU the step-by-step instructions to implement his plan for your dealership. You’ll also hear us chat about…
- How Chris put together his automated email marketing robot-ninja using tools you already have access to or can easily get!
- The problem he was trying to solve for his dealership from a customer communication perspective
- Why using your CRM for email marketing isn’t necessarily a good idea.
- The advantages to using MailChimp or other dedicated Email Marketing Platforms.
- How having a dedicated blog strategy drives the content for his automated monthly newsletter.
- Why Email is STILL the best way to directly communicate with your customers in a meaningful and impactful way.
- How much time and money Chris spends on his email marketing efforts each month
And that’s just the highlights folks, be sure to listen to the full episode to catch all the Email Marketing tips that Chris shares on the show!
CLICK to download the step-by-step instructions for automating your own email marketing newsletter.
Big Question of the Week
And now that Chris has left the building for the neon lights of Las Vegas, it’s time to take another one of your questions for our Ask an Expert segment!
Today we’re bringing in Crystal Mack, Content Team Lead at LDM to answer another question from the same anonymous automotive digital marketer that called us last episode
BIG QUESTION: I Keep hearing ‘Content is King’, which is cool and I understand the benefits, but…where do I even start?
Luckily Crystal is a true expert when it comes to content, and here’s her advice for getting started
- Does your website have a blog and are you using it? This is the best place to start publishing unique and original content.
- Write about what you know about (your cars, your community, your people).
- Google is looking to serve up the best answers for search queries. Who better to answer car questions than you in the dealership?
- Use the questions your sales and service customers ask you on a daily basis to inform the type of content to write about. Chance are if they are asking you these questions, there’s hundreds of others asking Google the same questions too.
- Write about non-automotive local content such as “5 Best Lunch Spots in Your City“. Both people and search engines appreciate quality, local content
Want to get even more out of your dealership’s content strategy? Check out Connor’s Ultimate Guide For Creating Captivating Content here on our blog!
Stay Tuned & Help Us Spread The Word!
Do you have an automotive digital marketing question you want answered by one of our in-house subject matter experts? Tweet your question to me @JasonStum or email it to email@example.com and I’ll get the A’s to your Q’s.
If you enjoyed this episode of the Think Bigger Podcast, it would mean the world to us if you’d head over to iTunes leave a rating, write a review and subscribe. Thank you and we’ll see you again in two weeks with a brand new episode of the Think Bigger Podcast!