On episode seven of the Think Bigger Podcast, I’m being joined by Mark McCarthy, Creative Director at right here at Launch Digital Marketing. Today we’ll be talking about why video makes everything better, and show you how you can implement a video strategy to help tell the story of your dealership.
Listen to Episode 007
When it comes to public perception, most people seem to think that all dealerships are the same – and to a certain extent, I can’t argue with that. Usually it takes a person having an actual interaction inside of your dealership that makes them think otherwise. But you don’t have to wait until someone physically enters your dealership to begin making an impact. With a dedicated video strategy, you can tell your unique story and create positive sentiment for your brand long before a person steps foot in your showroom or service drive. Listen to the interview with Mark to discover how you can get started.
Enjoy The Show!
Big Tip of the Week: Video Tips & Tricks
For today’s Tip of the Week, I’m being joined by Katlin Kreterfield, Senior Video Editor & VFX Artist right here at Launch Digital Marketing. Listen to the show to get Katlin’s video tips including:
- Why you don’t necessarily need fancy equipment.
- How to properly setup your phone to capture quality video.
- Your a tripod is your phone’s best friend.
- Tips for capturing crisp, clear audio.
- Landscape vs. Portrait – how should you hold your phone when shooting video.
During the segment, Katlin and I also talk about a couple of accessories that would help outfit your phone for optimal video performance if you have a few dollars to spare.
This handy Microphone Adapter will let you plug a wired or wireless microphone directly into your iPhone or Android device giving you the ability to capture quality audio while you shoot your video.
If you do plan on using a tripod in your video shoots, check out these handy smartphone tripod mounts. This is an inexpensive way to make sure you’re capturing smooth and steady video.
And finally, if you’re interested in editing your video right from your phone there are plenty of options including Apple’s own iMovie App or if you’re an Android user Cyberlink PowerDirector Video Editor will get the job done.
Big Thinker of the Week: Mark McCarthy
If you’ve ever seen any of the video content that we produce at Launch Digital Marketing and Dealer Inspire, then you’ve seen the creativity of Mark McCarthy and our uber-talented production crew first hand. It was awesome being able to sit down with Mark and discuss what you as a car dealer can do to jumpstart your video marketing strategy today.
Here are just a few things we’ll talk about:
- How video drives brand awareness.
- Why video is key for social media effectiveness.
- How website videos can increase lead submissions.
- Leveraging video for search engine authority.
- Using video to differentiate yourself from the competition.
- How Facebook video drives user engagement
- How you can use video to promote non-video content
During the interview, Mark and I talk quite a bit about using video to tell the story of your dealership. To get an idea of how powerful video can be, check out this short video that Mark and the crew put together that helps tell the story of who we are at Launch Digital Marketing.
And that’s just the tip of the proverbial iceberg folks. Be sure to listen to the entire podcast to get all the insight and information that Mark and I discuss on this episode!
Big Question of the Week
Each and every episode of the Think Bigger Podcast, our experts answer YOUR automotive digital marketing questions. Today’s question comes from someone who’s becoming a regular character on the show. That’s right, it’s the Anonymous Caller! Let’s see what question he or she is asking today…
BIG QUESTION: “Hey Jason, I just got off the phone with a vendor. During the call he was telling me that I needed a microsite ‘because SEO’…I may not be a rocket surgeon, but aren’t microsites sooooo 2011?”
Ah yes, good ol’ microsites. To answer this question, I’m going to bring in…well…me! Call it coincidence, but I just wrote a blog post covering this very topic. Here’s the short version of why microsites are a bad idea for your dealership.
- No other owned web property is going to be as authoritative with Google than a dealership’s main website.
- Google focuses on unique content, backlinks & domain age – a microsite will be on a brand new URL, with no backlink or content history
- A microsite would ultimately only rank for the same subset of brand related & inventory keywords as your main website does (and not as well)
- Another way to say it is that the microsite isn’t going to deliver incremental organic traffic that your main website can’t already get on it’s own.
- You can’t do retargeting/remarketing if people land on the microsite instead of the main website.
- And most importantly: There are no shortcuts for good SEO.
Stay Tuned & Help Us Spread The Word!
Do you have an automotive digital marketing question you want answered by one of our in-house subject matter experts? Tweet your question to me @JasonStum or email it to email@example.com and I’ll have one of our experts get the A’s to your Q’s.
If you enjoyed this episode of the Think Bigger Podcast, it would mean the world to me if you’d head over to iTunes leave a rating, write a review and subscribe. Thank you and we’ll see you again in two weeks with a brand new episode of the Think Bigger Podcast!