Facebook remains one of the strongest social media platforms for businesses, easily allowing you to connect with your customers and keep them updated on your latest news. Utilizing a variety of Facebook post types keeps your feed interesting and engaging, with a wide range of reasons to try them all!
The six different Facebook post types are:
- Offers and Discounts
- Facebook Notes
Let’s break each down to see when you should include them in your content planning.
Facebook Status posts are quick, text-based updates used to shout out what’s new with you. As the most straightforward post type, post a Status update when you want to:
- Update fans on operating hours, service changes, or any other timely announcements
- Announce a sale or product release
- Share a quote or funny behind-the-scenes moment
- Highlight a link to your website (hint: sharing SEO on social is a great strategy!)
Not ready to share your big news? No problem. Status posts can be scheduled to publish at any future specified time.
This Facebook post type compliments a Status post by adding a visual element. Upload a photo or eye-catching video to capture attention; people are more likely to engage with visual content, so add a picture whenever you can!
Photo/Video posts can be used for the same reasons as above, though once you start uploading, you will have some photo options. Start by creating:
- Photo carousels: Carousels allow up to 10 photos on the same post, helping you highlight every enticing angle of your update.
- Photo albums: Keep collections of themed photos on your profile. This is a great way to show off your products, services, or locations!
- Slideshows: Tell a story through connected visuals that combine images, text, and sound, automatically playing for an engaging experience.
- Canvas: Best on mobile, this full-screen video option captures attention like no other.
Offers and Discounts
Everyone loves a sale, especially your fans! This Facebook post type lets you add a promo code or incentive to reward your most loyal customers, and as an added bonus, users outside your fan base can access the deals too! Click the “Offer” button within the post to input all the sale details, including terms and conditions, expiration dates, etc. Use this post type to:
- Push a particular product or service
- Boost engagement with your page
- Increase traffic to your site
Whether you’re planning an in-person shindig or virtual party, Event posts allow fans to add your occasion to their calendars, grab tickets, and receive reminders about any changes. Posting Events is a great way to expand your reach because anyone in your location or area of interest can search for upcoming happenings! Follow the prompts to explain the time, date, and location of your event, and start drawing attention to your:
- Store opening
- Special occasion sales
- Charity collaborations
- Community involvement
Everyone loves a celebration, so why not shout out your business’s biggest milestones? Anytime you hit an anniversary or other important date, use a Milestone post type to alert your fans to the special day. Next time you’re celebrating, highlight with a Milestone! Great for:
- Grand openings
- Sales goals
- Product launches
Stay Social with LDM!
Listen, your business needs social media, so if you need help navigating Facebook post types, turn to the pros at Launch Digital Marketing! Our award-winning Chicagoland marketing team has all the tips and tricks to get your feed going as well as goal-oriented advice that gets results. Contact us for a free consultation!