Designing a custom website isn’t just about making your brand look super cool (though, to be fair, that’s a key component), it’s also about building a fully optimized, functional tool that will support your goals and spread your services as far and wide across the internets. At LDM, we believe WordPress is the best content management system (CMS) for creating killer websites that work hard for you, which is why we use it for all our clients.
What are the benefits of WordPress?
WordPress was originally built as a blogging platform, but over the past decade and a half, it’s evolved into a full-fledged CMS, allowing for powerful integrations and SEO-savvy information architecture. While it’s written in PHP, the interface is incredibly user friendly, meaning that even the most technology challenged users can update and manage their own websites.
It’s also the most popular CMS, holding 60.4% of the market share and used by 24 million websites worldwide. Whoa! Big brands such as Microsoft News, the Walt Disney Company, and BBC America use WordPress, proving its prowess.
Why do we and everyone else love WordPress so much? Well, the benefits of WordPress include it being:
- Built for search – Many of the on-page signals that Search Engines look for in ranking signals are already built into the WordPress core (optimized URLs, title tags, defining heading tags, and alt image attributes).
- Built for modern web development – WordPress is focused on cutting edge front-end web development and design best practices. Features such as CDN integration, caching, and true responsive images (serving the right file-size image for the right device) are built directly into the CMS.
- Focused on security – LDM always recommends plugins and extensions are carefully vetted for reliability and WordPress remains committed to this as well. Plugins that are not updated or receive consistently poor reviews or reports of malicious intent are removed from the WordPress plugin repository.
- Updated regularly – WordPress is partly funded by Automattic, and of course the open source community. A regular development schedule is followed, with quarterly major releases and security and bug fix minor releases as needed.
Why should I build a website on WordPress?
Our developers, designers, and project managers love WordPress because it lets us code and harness data in super nerdy ways, but our clients prefer this platform too because it allows for ongoing customization and growth even after the site is launched.
- User friendly – thanks to WYSIWYG editors and straightforward interfaces, it’s simple for anyone (yes, anyone!) to dive into their website and add content, media, updates, and more. Part of our LDM website packages includes guided WordPress training from our expert development team, helping clients make future changes with ease.
- Completely customizable – unlike with DIY site builders that force you into templates, WordPress lets you dream big and design whatever you want, allowing custom code to easily create, change, and extend content types, user roles, and more.
- Powerfully connected – need a plugin for your ecommerce, event calendar, or contact form? Cool, there are literally thousands of WordPress plugins that can seamlessly integrate with your site.
- Super scalable – your business is growing, and WordPress sites grow right along with you, scaling up as you continue to succeed.
Get a website that works for you!
WordPress is just one of the many tools we use to build cool things and help our clients succeed. Launch Digital Marketing is your Chicago marketing agency devoted to strategic problem solving, so if you’re looking to level up your digital marketing game, we’re here to help. Contact us to learn more!