Everybody has a story to tell, with the best ones painting an elaborate tale filled with captivating details and irresistible hooks. When it comes to your business, incorporating FAQ content on your website is a smart way not only to broadcast your selling points but also to broaden your reach through organic search. Let’s talk about how incorporating an FAQ section on your website is a user-friendly, SEO-savvy strategy.
People crave expert advice
Potential customers and long-time fans are likely to have questions about your products and services. Even if they don’t know you (yet), they still need help answering questions like:
“Does my cat need booties during the winter?”
“How do I jump start a car?”
“What is the best skincare regimen for acne?”
FAQ sections are a great way to address common questions in your industry. Providing the right answer and solving a problem helps you:
- Build trust: Wouldn’t you rather work with someone who’s already helped you in some way? Be the support your customers need.
- Prove authority: The more searchers you satisfy, the more the algorithms take notice.
- Expand brand awareness: Answering questions is a fantastic way to drive organic traffic to your site, drawing in new customers.
Building out your FAQ page can help make content planning easier too, since you’ll be building out a valuable content hub that can be expanded upon with supporting blog content, video tutorials, and more.
Some starter questions to answer in your FAQ section:
- All your business operations details, including contact information, return policies, turnaround times, etc.
- How to use your product and/or maximize your service’s effectiveness
- Common troubleshooting within your industry
- Your product’s ingredients and/or materials
Answer questions, get snippets
As we mentioned in our 2021 digital marketing trends report, the hottest search result spot to snag is position zero, the spot above both the first paid and organic search result. Also known as a “featured snippet” or “answer box,” this content quickly answers a question without the user clicking through.
Now, you may be wondering, “why would I want to give away an answer without getting traffic?” Well, being featured in the answer box illustrates your authority as a subject matter expert, with your website’s name and URL proudly displayed. If a user finds your answer helpful, they are more likely to seek you out for additional information.
Answering questions provides a good user experience that builds trust and authority. Google loooooooves answering questions, so why not help them out and get yourself featured?
Optimize your FAQ content for featured snippets by using:
- Lists – the answer box loves pulling bulleted lists because it allows for easy readability.
- Very short paragraph – remember that this is a snippet, so make your answer as succinct as possible.
- Tables – just like with lists, if you share a data table that clarifies content, Google will eat that up.
Get an optimized website that works for you
Any good custom website design will include an informative About Us page, and creating a detailed FAQ section can build on your SEO strategy to drive and convert traffic. Work with the award-winning team at Launch Digital Marketing to find smart, targeted tips for growing your digital presence. Whether you need a website update or paid search recommendations, we have you covered. Contact us for a free consultation!